Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Watercolor Study

This took so much longer than expected, however alot of the time was spent getting used to the new tablet and creating brushes that I was happy with.

I still have not gotten the refined brushstrokes that the original artist can get with a real brush, but for a study I am not that unhappy about it... The garlic bulbs look a little awkward, accuracy in freehand drawing is not really my strongest point and is something I definitely need to work on.

My study is on top:





































Tonight I plan on finding a new project to work on for a little while, but I intend on going back and retrying this image again.

1 comment:

  1. Go ahead and do a little illustration of your own using these same techniques to complete this as a project.

    ReplyDelete