Thursday, July 9, 2009

Bear Study










This image was alot of fun to work with. Everything went together really fast too. The hardest part was probably recreating the brushstrokes for the hair. Next step is to take a shot at the style with a different image. The background did not come out as well as I would have liked and I should probably put a subtle texture within the bears body itself since it is not just a flat brown color. The technique will probably be refined in my interpretation project. As for the interpretation, I think I am going to stick with the theme of wrestling bears...It just seems like you can't really go wrong there.

2 comments:

  1. Good job! Yes on texture in brown bear area. The texture you used for the black area of the mask would work well. Also relax your hairy lines a little let your brush be fuller and larger, they look a little too sharp and spikey now. The wood background worked great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job. It might be interesting to set the pen pressure to control opacity and vary the darkness of some of the hairy lines. I think that might bring the whole thing to life.

    ReplyDelete