Sunday, July 19, 2009

Batman's night off or Josh Agle Interpretation



















I am still working with the background. The texture is really stubborn to work with but right now the image is at a place where I am happy with it. The image was sketched out in photoshop then taken to illustrator and completely drawn with the pen tool then brought back into photoshop to add the background texture. Everything went really smoothly, the only thing i had any trouble with was his bunny slippers and the texture, and the bunny slippers kinda just made themselves out of the remnants of these swanky shoes I was trying to draw. His right arm also seems a little awkward but I don't think it is really a big enough problem to adjust.

Week 4 Project:











This is an image of Spiffy the dog from the recent re-release of "Secret of monkey Island"...an old VGA game that they have completely redrawn and painted for the Xbox...From what I can tell the art was done by Jeff Sangalli as he is the only one listed in the credits under "art director". I was looking around for a while before deciding on this image. I wanted to do something that was an actual rendering instead of these somewhat flat images I have been working with but did not want to go for something completely out of my league. For the study I plan on tracing paths in illustrator then bringing them into photoshop then using brushes to render them. There was also a few videos from earlier in the class that I will probably re watch a few times. I do not recall their names but it involved rendering the chestplate of a robot in photoshop...Those videos seem like the should be very helpful for this project. It seems fairly straight forward but I am probably getting in over my head and just dont realize it yet.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work! This makes you caught up through the 3rd project. I'll have to update grades. The dog thing will be difficult but good to attack. Remember to use layers. To me it looks like using the Illustrator paths to make selection areas and then painting with an airbrush inside of those areas in photoshop could work. Maybe I should do a short demo on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look in Blackboard at the July 20th Lectures in Announcements for my ideas on how I would approach the dog technique.

    ReplyDelete