Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The most amazing image in the history of images

probably not...however I love it




















This is probably the most amazing picture I've ever seen. While cleaning up my basement some I found a box from my childhood filled with what I thought was blank VHS tapes. It was actually a collection of early 90s professional wrestling that I at one point maintained. So logically Ive been watching old pro wrestling and wanted to get it out of my system so I went on google image search looking for some images of mexican wrestlers for some eventual art project and came across this image on the lonely robot blog.

The image actually seems like a logical next step for where I have been working. The image combines the flat drawing of the josh agle study, brings in some interesting brush strokes and textures. This little project should also work on my neverending task of getting better with accuracy in drawing.

Also who doesnt love a bear fishing in shallow water while wearing a mexican wrestler mask?

my plan is to recreate the entire image as efficiently as possible while just working on accuracy and improving newly learned techniques.

Plan of attack:
1. Draw vague outlines of the shapes with my pen and tablet in photoshop
2. Convert those outlines to vector images and color base colors in illustrator (upon a closer look, i dont think this step is necessary and could just be refined in photoshop)
3. Bring the image back into photoshop for detailing, little brush strokes and texture
4. probably pay too much money to have this printed on a t-shirt




















This was a different image of a character from the new street fighter game that i also happened to come across and really enjoy the ink work. I am considering recreating this image and then following it up with a origional image trying to mimic the style since it seems right up my alley with the heavy outlines and ink work.

3 comments:

  1. Yep, looks like good things to try out. I prefer the bear image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mask looks like it would hinder fish eating something awful (unless it's more flexible than it appears). Slightly-related bear-wise, check out this guy's stuff: http://www.jonathanlevinegallery.com/?method=Artist.ArtistDetail&ArtistID=ED58BBC0-3048-28EB-92CE275F482A4B5E

    ReplyDelete
  3. After now working with paths between photoshop and illustrator, I now believe that my gut instinct was right and that I should have traced this in illustrator. I was right, however for the wrong reasons. Making paths would have make this drawing a little easier.

    ReplyDelete