Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Spiffy the Dog










My copy is on the right.

the fur in the face could use a little more work however I think this study shows the concept. I pretty much followed the video that Babcock made on how to do this. The study took a little more than 3 or 4 hours but once I figured out the method and got into a rhythm, everything worked together. I really enjoyed the technique used here and definitely plan on working with it in the future. It is not a difficult technique and renders itself fairly nicely. If I get around to doing a interpretation of this I would probably do a rendering of bottles or some sort of packaging because I think this technique would lend itself well to making digital mockups of packaging quite nicely.

I will be disappearing for a few days. My parents decided to bump up this visit with family to this week instead of the week after class. Hopefully I have some time in there to post on blogs or update delicious or something to try and keep up.

After being able to view it on the webpage instead of photoshop, the lighter fur to the right of his eye needs to be touched up. But besides that I am pretty happy with my results


1 comment:

  1. Looks good! Yes, we do a similar kind of thing in my packaging class. In the packaging projects we rely a lot on stroking paths with the brush. We also do gradients in masks and fun stuff like that. Yes, keep blogging even if you can't get into Adobe Land.

    ReplyDelete