Thursday, July 16, 2009

butterscotch candies or interpretation #2















This is my original interpretation based off the watercolor study from a while back. I went a little scribble happy, however i felt that it reflected the crinkleness off the candy wrappers. I also tinted the centers of the candy because I felt that they looked like they were missing something...I am currently toying around with background textures however I wanted to update to show that I am actually working on things. Around sunday I want to have a post with all the little tweaks and fixes I have been making to things.

Originally I started with a study of some flowers that my dad pulled from his garden, but after a few hours of toying with it, I realized the flowers were way more detailed than they needed to be and the problem with the image was not the technique used it was the complexity of the subject matter. I might go back and give the flowers a try again at some point after more practice and experience under my belt.

1 comment:

  1. I love the watercolor looking work. On the lines I would have done fewer and thicker, but I think you have the basic concept down. Thanks for getting this done. I think it all pays off in the whole education thing.

    ReplyDelete