Sunday, September 20, 2009

redemption

As I said a few posts ago, I went to my Aunt's house on friday to visit and paint with her in her garden. I wanted to get 2 paintings done however left my smaller masonite board at my dorm so I just decided to do one painting of the same size in the same time that I have been working.





The first picture was from inside my dorm, I am still experimenting with finding a good place near me to take decent pictures, and this is definitely an upgrade from my floor, however I think I am going to start taking the pictures of them outside because as seen here natural lighting seems to make the paintings look more accurate.

I am pretty happy with this painting, definately an improvement from how I did earlier in the week. I want to touch up the plum tree on the left and make it look more delicate and the right side of the house...I think its another small win in my favor and I did feel a little redemption at the end of that painting session

also one thing that really helped me out in this session with my greens was finally finding a dark green that wasnt pthalo...my aunt bought out some art store at one point, I told her i was having problems making dark greens for foliage and she suggested jenkins green. It really made a world of difference in mixing greens

No comments:

Post a Comment