Thursday, September 17, 2009

Recently...

Last class I painted down on pine street. My friend owns a shop on there so I figured he wouldnt mind if I stood outside his place for a few hours (I kinda feel awkward just setting up somwhere like that without permission...just seems weird)

Class before that I was at the corner of houts and holden next to the wig shop...I really like architecture and buildings and usually take a strong interest in drawing them. Alot of my watercolor 1 paintings were based on European cathedrals using washes and ink so I thought using acrylics and buildings would work out pretty well in my favor...turns out I was wrong

Both paintings I would not call winners...the wig shop painting I kinda just forgot about depth and was completely interested in the side of this building so the composition is pretty awkward and linear..the one on pine street I got to encounter for the first time a variable area, where things are always changing...I didn't really know how to handle this and the painting obviously reflects this.

I know that with areas like that, you just work quick and leave things as they are, but its one of those things that when you are actually there and that comes up you just forget everything...it happens

Tomorrow since I don't have class on Fridays I am going to try and get some justice on painting and go out to my Aunt's garden in Independence. I haven't seen her for a while which is silly since its only a short drive down the road, however from what she says their garden is doing great this year. My plan is to get 2 paintings done in my afternoon there or atleast get a good start on both of them. From what I remember my Aunt used to teach art at a school for students with behavioral issues and she said she plans on digging out some paints and spending the afternoon out with me...so that should be fun.

I will post results from my day trip out there as well as from the last two classes either Saturday or Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment