Thursday, September 10, 2009

Backtracking (paintings)

Photobucket

This is the first painting, pretty much all that went on here was I started to get used to acrylics again. It has been over 3 years since I last really used the medium to a large extent.

Photobucket

The main problems I had here was yet again unfamiliarity with acrylic as well as I noticed creating definition between trees and also getting colors to work right

Photobucket

This one I had a bunch of problems with composition...after completely restarting on the left half of the painting and kinda fibbing about what was actually there and pushing value, things started to work better for me. I think it still needs work but from where it came from to what it is, I am pretty happy with it

Photobucket

This is pretty much that exact same painting that every midwest artist has done...big blue sky, small little field and a little red barn hiding in the back...I really like how the sky came out...It could really use a big push in value in the sky and the ground

No comments:

Post a Comment