Saturday, August 1, 2009

Reflection and Final Progress

final progress

I am having a ton of issues trying to get the images to go where i want them. In the meantime I have been making thumbnails for some work to drop in once I get that figured out. Jessica sent me another email about how to get the link system set up and that should go rather quickly once I get past this obnoxious hurdle of finding what the problem is.

Reflection

This class has been incredibly helpful to me. Being able to see how the other people have been rendering things probably helped just as much as doing the projects of my own. This class has taught me essentially how brushes work and how to abuse little things like paths and layer settings to do what i want them to do easily. Previously most of my "illustration" work has either been all illustrator or hand drawn and scanned. Those things worked for what i was doing however it is unknown if being able to do all of it with a combination of photoshop and illustrator would have made the final products better. Another thing was just the practice involved with the class; One of my weak points is just drawing things accurately and is something I am always trying to improve. The resources (delicious, blogger, picasa) have been wonderful tools in being able to help me do this class without being in Warrensburg and are really impressive tools in showing how far the internet has come since I saw it for the first time in the early 90s and in showing that the potential of the internet are becoming more and more limitless.

The skills learned in this class should help a lot in my future as a graphic designer. The two areas I would really like to focus my work on more is packaging and interactive things using flash. Being able to produce better looking illustrations faster seems like a skill that will help in either field. I feel like I have just become a better designer all around with my internship and now having some background in illustration as well.

Thanks Mr. Babcock for helping with your tutorials and advice all along the way and thanks to the other students for helping with advice and ideas.

As for the future of this blog. It will become a link on my portfolio site that I am working on and hopefully maintained with projects I am working on as well as other things.

1 comment: